To the people Being Bullied
Do you always wonder why you are being bullied?
Why it feels like the earth is all against you and no one can be trusted?
That you don’t even know them, but you think that they know so much about you.
Anxious, depressed, lonely or insecure and feel like crying A LOT.
Like you’re screaming inside at them but no words comes right out your mouth.
Want to make a move but can’t fight back.
To the people who Bullies
Do you feel complete humiliating someone?
Do you feel happy by hurting other people?
Do you feel happy watching them broke down and cry and feel helpless of themselves?
Can you bring back their lives once they got enough and decides to give up?
I’ve been a victim of bullying once, but i never take notice of it since since it just a childish act of immature people. But that doesn’t mean i never get hurt of what i heard or what i read when people are talking about me. But i’m gonna focus on cyber bullying.
Cyber bullying is very common nowadays with the help of too much using of modern technology. It’ll feel like once you post something, everyone are there to support, judge or criticize you. If you feel satisfied about their comments about you, you will feel like you need to keep posting more something about you and by that, you’ll gain your confidence. But everything could be changed once you make one wrong click. People again will judge and criticize you but with the support will fade.
You red a post about you, a post where you are being bashed, called names or just making you feel worthless.Many questions will run in your mind in search for the answer of why are they doing this? why do they want this to happen? and what is their real purpose?
I remember our teacher telling us this, “Everything comes with a purpose”. So why don’t you ask them, “WHAT IS YOUR PURPOSE!?”
Most of the bullies purpose is because they are bullied before and they want to apply and get revenge by putting their anger and sadness on someone else.They were bullied whether by family or just by their peers. They may have been teased to a point where they feel insignificant. Sometimes they just want attention because they are insecure of what you have and what they can’t have.
You could be different in some way, whether it’s by race, sexuality, disability or something else. They will single you out and verbally and/or physically abuse you. Usually, they won’t let you know the reason but most of the time it’s obvious.
Some change within time while others remain a bully for the rest of their lives. It just depends on whether something or someone can change their mentality or not. Different circumstances and events can transform someone into a cool and understanding person. Unfortunately, it can also turn them into a complete bully.
But are they even aware of what its effect to its victim? maybe yes and maybe no since they just doesn’t care of what you feel. For the bullies to be aware these are some listed effect of being bullied are:
- Be unable to concentrate in class.
- Feel angry and wonder why this is happening to you.
- Regularly end up in physical fights or arguments while trying to defend yourself.
- Feel afraid to go to school and nervous if you’re on your own.
- Think the problem is relentless and wonder if it will ever stop.
- Feel lonely, isolated and avoid group situations.
- Spend a lot of time trying to figure out what to do or where to go to avoid being harassed.
- Think your parents would be worried or upset if you told them.
- Notice that your health is suffering such as changes in your appetite, difficulty sleeping or tension headaches.
- Feel afraid to check text messages or emails or look at social networking sites like Facebook in case there’s another cruel message about you.
- Start to think that maybe the insults and taunts are true and wonder if it’s your own fault.
- Have mood swings with a range of feelings from loneliness to anger.
- Wish you could talk to someone but you are not sure what you want to say.
- No longer enjoy the things you used to enjoy and drop out of activity groups or clubs.
- Feel trapped, helpless, withdrawn and like no one understands.
- Notice that these feelings are causing you to be unhappy at home and you are feeling moody or short tempered with your parents/carers, brothers or sisters.
So my advice to those bullies, please try to understand and look at the scene the person you are bullying. Do you think it will give you success in life? yes, it feels satisfying and i know you know the feeling of being brought down physically, mentally,socially and emotionally. Why don’t you start making friends with the right people and start a life with a positive attitude because it won’t help you in the future hence, it will bring you down for having a bad record in school. Help also the people that are being bullied and make them feel they belong to a circle they are accepted naturally and treated equally. Karma is too fast and you might meet it sooner or later.
My advice also to the people being bullied, do not be afraid to stand for yourself because was they said doesn’t define you. What they say are only shallow words that you know in yourself that it isn’t true. Don’t be afraid to open up to others and talk about this incident. You, yourself is the only one that will help you in times like this. Don’t give them the satisfaction of seeing you so down just because of their wrong doings. Also have people to surround you and help you in this case like your parents. Let them know and they will give actions to stop them from bullying you.
You only live once so make the most of it by doing something right because true freedom comes with a good heart.